Last updated: 29 September 2020
At Aveo, the health and safety of our residents and staff in our Retirement Communities, Residential Aged Care Facilities and Freedom Care Communities is our number one priority.
Visits to our communities:
We understand how important it is for residents to stay connected with loved ones, particularly during this difficult time.
We continue to monitor closely the current situation in Victoria and we are keeping up to date with the respective state government health directives to ensure the protocols that we have in place remain effective in keeping the virus out of our communities.
For the continued safety of our residents and staff:
• Metro & Regional Victoria: We have asked our residents across our Retirement Living communities to adhere to the current government directives as outlined in the COVID-19 roadmap to reopening plan.
• Controlled visitor access is still in place for our Residential Aged Care and Freedom Care Communities. Bio-screening and temperature checks remain in place for visitors who enter these communities to ensure they meet the strict requirements for entry.
• Mandatory wearing of a face masks by all staff, who are suitably trained on the correct protocols associated with wearing protective clothing effectively.
• Strict compliance of hygiene practices, which include hand sanitising.
• If staff are not well, they are not permitted to report to work, they must self-isolate and get tested immediately.
• We also monitor the day-to-day movements of all our staff on site who work across more than one community to ensure the safety of our residents.
• Meal service in dining rooms remains on hold in Metro Victoria and we continue to provide in-room dining and take away services.
• We have substantially invested in devices to facilitate tele-communications between residents and their loved ones along with an increase in lifestyle activity staff within our communities.
Click here for more information on COVID-19 protocols across our 94 communities.
Interested in one of our communities in Victoria?
Real estate inspections have re-commenced and are ‘by appointment only’. For the safety of our residents, staff and visitors all appointments are conducted in accordance with the required COVIDSafe plan.
Online consultations are also available so you can gather the information you need, personalised to your requirements before you visit. Call 1800 957 908 and chat with one of our friendly specialists today to make an appointment to inspect a unit today.
Alternatively check out our recently created video tours, which provide a great way to virtually tour our communities and discover everything they have to offer from the comfort of your home. Click here to find your perfect community and watch its video tour.