Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Splash olive oil spray
- 3 cups washed chopped vegetables (I use beans, carrots, zucchini, onion, broccoli and corn are favourites; however, defrosted frozen vegetables also work well.)
- ½ cup fresh coriander and parsley
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (can be substituted for any type of cheese)
- 2 tsp of spices, turmeric, coriander and paprika (optional)
- Natural yoghurt, Greek yoghurt or sour cream to serve
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, and add milk, herbs and vegetables. Stir well.
2. Add flour, cheese and spices. This is now your batter mix. Rest the batter mix for 10 minutes.
3. Spray a large nonstick pan with olive oil and place on medium heat.
4. Place dollops (approx 1 tbsp) of the batter mix into the pan, leaving room to flip your fritters. Watch for bubbles to rise, then flip your fritters.
5. You should be cooking for approximately 2 minutes on each side until a lovely golden brown colour.
I serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt, avocado and tomato salsa and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. It also makes a delicious brunch if served with smoked salmon and a poached egg topper or eaten cold as a quick snack.
Download a copy of the latest edition of Chapter Magazine and discover more delicious recipes.