Personal Care Attendant
Do you love to build genuine connections, nurture belonging and enhance life? At Aveo, you can do just that and more.
Join us and feel confident to embrace new challenges in our supportive culture. Bring your whole-self to work, grow as you learn new things and be rewarded through the joy of helping others. Together let's redefine retirement living for senior Australians.
Looking to get into retirement living or home-care? Village Court Gardens Retirement Living, located in Glenvale Toowoomba is a large & vibrant retirement living community and we're looking to expand our team! As a Personal Care Attendant, you will provide high-quality daily care services for residents, with a focus on promoting their independence and well-being. You will enjoy fostering strong relationships with residents, their families and your colleagues to help ensure care outcomes are consistently exceeded.
We are looking to expand our team of casual staff with shifts ranging from AM, PM and night-shift. If you're looking for a new casual opportunity, we want to hear from you!
- Work as part of a team providing safe and effective daily personal care, tailored to the resident's care needs
- Ensure all residents receive kind, caring and respectful personal care that supports their choice and independence
- Provide assistance to the residents and community with tasks including (but not limited to): medical & personal support, domestic cleaning and general admin duties
- Supporting residents with recreational and social activities
- Be passionate, trustworthy, reliable and enjoy connecting with residents, colleagues and the wider community
What you will bring
- Certificate III/IV in Aged Care, Individual Support, Disability, Health Services Assistance or equivalent (required)
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate (required)
- Current Police Check clearance (required, however we can complete for you)
- Current COVID-19 Vaccinations up to date (required)
What we offer
- $37.63/hr including casual loading + relevant Aged Care Award entitlements including penalty rates, overtime and allowances + superannuation
- Employee Referral Program, earning you up to $1000!
- Further career opportunities and development
- Be part of a friendly and supportive team
- Opportunity to work across a number of our neighbouring communities
- Free Employee Assistance Program
As a leader in retirement living, with 30 years' experience, Aveo provides the stability and confidence to try new things and keep innovating. Owned by Brookfield Asset Management, we're on an exciting journey of growth. Our in-house range of services is holistic, supporting our customers in their independence for as long as possible. This helps us deliver a seamless experience for our 12,000 residents across 90+ diverse communities nationwide. We're a dedicated group of over 1900 caring, friendly team members; united with our core values; Kindness, Care and Respect. Together we create thriving communities that help retired Australians be their best selves.
Apply now and take to first step in Bringing your Passion to life! We are ready to welcome you.
Aveo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on hiring great people regardless of their race, gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, background, religion, age, or sexual orientation. We treasure skills, expertise, and commitment. Our goal is to attract, develop, motivate, reward, and retain the best talent in the industry. Diversity is essential to our success; we are committed to building an inclusive workplace where all our people feel comfortable being their authentic selves, and embraced for who they are.