PREP TIME 30 MINS
COOKING TIME 1 HR
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 tbs honey
- 2 tsp cummin seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 1/2 tbs olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Extra olive oil, for frying
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Sour cream to serve
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
In a baking tray combine the carrots, honey, spices, cinammon stick, olive oil and salt. Mix well and bake for 30-40 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick.
Heat a large saucepan with a dash of olive oil. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until the onion is translucent.
Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, add the roast carrots and cook for 5 minutes, or until carrots are soft. Remove from heat and puree with a stick blender or food processor.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and fresh coriander leaves.
Click here to find more delicious recipes in our latest edition of Chapter Magazine.