Last updated: 30 August 2021
At Aveo, the health and safety of residents and staff in our Retirement Living Communities, Residential Aged Care Facilities and Freedom Care Communities is our number one priority.
We closely monitor the Australian Government’s advice around COVID-19 and have taken decisive and comprehensive steps in accordance with this advice to protect residents.
Visits to our communities
We understand how important it is for residents to stay connected with loved ones, particularly during this difficult time. Due to the increasing threat to older Australians and in line with advice from the Department of Health, we have had to reassess our processes for visitors. This is to ensure that we are protecting residents, staff and visitors.
• Controlled visitor access to our Retirement Living Communities, Residential Aged Care Facilities and Freedom Care Communities subject to State Government directives.
• Third-party providers are also subject to these controlled access precautions unless they are providing critical services to the community.
• Implemented an enhanced registration process across our Aged Care Facilities including registration, bio screening and temperature testing depending on their COVID-19 risk profile and locality to a COVID-19 hotspot as determined by the State Government.
• Implemented visitor and staff QR Code registration across all our communities for the purpose of contact tracing in order to assist the public health unit as determined by the State Government.
• Implemented procedures regarding self-isolation of residents and staff, as required, depending on their COVID-19 risk profile and their locality to a COVID-19 hotspot.
• Introduced a COVID-19 Aveo Hotline, operated by registered nurses, for residents and staff in order to provide advice and monitor outcomes.
• Mandatory wearing of face masks is in force across select communities, subject to State Government directives. All staff are suitably trained on the correct protocols associated with wearing protective clothing effectively.
We also ask that you refrain from visiting our communities if:
• You have had contact with someone who has tested positively for COVID-19;
• Have visited a COVID-19 hotspot or venue as defined by the State Government;
• You experience any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, including:
- Runny nose;
- Shortness of breath and/or rapid breathing;
- Sore throat;
- Fever; and
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please do not attend our communities and contact your local GP or Health Professional and get tested.
We regretfully advise that across certain communities we may have decreased or suspended the number of external groups visiting for social activities and events. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
For communities currently hosting social activities and events, click here to find out more.
Staff and resident travel
In accordance with Australian Department of Health advice, we are monitoring all staff and residents returning from interstate travel and adhering to self-isolation protocols.
Internal education and procedures
We continue to educate residents, visitors and staff on infection control, hygiene practices, wearing of protective clothing and face masks and outbreak management in accordance with advice from the Australian Department of Health and local Public Health Units. We continue to review and enhance our existing infection control framework, liaising with other aged care and healthcare operators to ensure alignment of measures and sharing of lessons learnt.
Inspecting our communities
Aveo have safely eased the restrictions we have in place across certain communities. All appointments are conducted in accordance with the required COVIDSafe plan. However, appointments at this time may be suspended, subject to State Government COVID-19 restrictions.
Call 1800 957 908 and chat with one of our friendly specialists today to make an appointment and to check current bookings.
Alternatively, you can check out our video tours, which are a great way to discover everything our communities have to offer from the comfort of your home.
For more information specific to current COVID-19 restrictions, please visit your State Government website.
For more information regarding the current COVID-19 restrictions, see below.