Last updated: 22 June 2020
At Aveo, the health and safety of our residents and staff in our Retirement Communities, Residential Aged Care Facilities and Freedom Care Communities is our number one priority.
We are closely monitoring the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government’s advice around COVID-19 and have taken decisive and comprehensive steps in accordance with this advice to protect our residents.
Visits to our communities
We understand how important it is for residents to stay connected with loved ones, particularly during this difficult time. Due to the increasing threat to older Australians and in line with advice from the Department of Health, we have had to reassess our processes for visitors. This is to ensure that we are protecting our residents, our staff and our visitors.
• Controlled visitor access to our Residential Aged Care Facilities and Freedom Care Communities.
• Third-party providers are also subject to these controlled access precautions unless they are providing critical services to the community.
• Limited the number of residents and visitors who can access our community centres, amenities and dining rooms across our Retirement Living Communities as determined by the State and Territory Government, which aligns with the Federal Government’s 3-step framework for a COVIDSafe, Australia.
• Implemented an enhanced registration process for all visitors to our Retirement Living Communities, including registration, specific questions and temperature testing.
• Implemented procedures regarding self-isolation of residents and staff, as required and depending on their COVID-19 risk profile.
We also ask that you refrain from visiting our communities if:
• You have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
• Have had contact with someone who has tested positively for COVID-19.
• You experience any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, including:
- Runny nose;
- Shortness of breath and/or rapid breathing;
- Sore throat;
- Fever; and
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please do not attend our communities and contact your local GP or Health Professional.
We regretfully have decreased the number of external groups visiting our Retirement Living Communities for social activities and events. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Staff and resident travel
In accordance with Australian Department of Health advice, we are monitoring all staff and residents planning, or returning from, international travel and adhering to self-isolation protocols.
Internal education and procedures
We are continuing to educate residents, visitors and staff on infection control, outbreak management and COVID-19 in accordance with advice from the Australian Department of Health and local Public Health Units. We continue to review and enhance our existing infection control framework, liaising with other aged care and healthcare operators to ensure alignment of measures and sharing of lessons learnt.