Last updated: 18 November 2020
At Aveo, the health and safety of our residents and staff in our Retirement Communities, Residential Aged Care Facilities and Freedom Care Communities is our number one priority.
We are closely monitoring the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government’s advice around COVID-19 and have taken decisive and comprehensive steps in accordance with this advice to protect our residents.
Visits to our communities
We understand how important it is for residents to stay connected with loved ones, particularly during this difficult time. Due to the increasing threat to older Australians and in line with advice from the Department of Health, we have had to reassess our processes for visitors. This is to ensure that we are protecting our residents, our staff and our visitors.
• Controlled visitor access to our Residential Aged Care and Freedom Care Communities subject to State Government directives.
• Third-party providers are also subject to these controlled access precautions unless they are providing critical services to the community.
• Implemented an enhanced registration process across our Aged Care Communities including registration, bio screening and temperature testing depending on their COVID-19 risk profile and locality to a COVID-19 hotspot as determined by the Government.
• Decreased or suspended the number of resident visitors who can access our community centres, amenities and dining rooms across our Retirement Living Communities as determined by the Government.
• Implemented procedures regarding self-isolation of residents and staff, as required, depending on their COVID-19 risk profile and their locality to a COVID-19 hotspot.
• Mandatory wearing of face masks is in force by all staff within our communities, who are suitably trained on the correct protocols associated with wearing protective clothing effectively;
We also ask that you refrain from visiting our communities if:
• You have returned from overseas in the last 14 days;
• Have had contact with someone who has tested positively for COVID-19;
• Have visited a COVID-19 hotspot or venue as defined by the government;
• You experience any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, including:
- Runny nose;
- Shortness of breath and/or rapid breathing;
- Sore throat;
- Fever; and
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please do not attend our communities and contact your local GP or Health Professional.
We regretfully advise that across certain states we have decreased or suspended the number of external groups visiting our Retirement Living Communities for social activities and events. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Staff and resident travel
In accordance with Australian Department of Health advice, we are monitoring all staff and residents returning from international or interstate travel and adhering to self-isolation protocols.
Internal education and procedures
We continue to educate residents, visitors and staff on infection control, hygiene practices, wearing of protective clothing and face masks and outbreak management in accordance with advice from the Australian Department of Health and local Public Health Units. We continue to review and enhance our existing infection control framework, liaising with other aged care and healthcare operators to ensure alignment of measures and sharing of lessons learnt.
Inspecting our communities
Aveo have safely eased the restrictions we have in place in order to welcome prospective residents back to view our communities and all appointments are conducted in accordance with the required COVIDSafe plan.
Call 1800 957 908 and chat with one of our friendly specialists today to make an appointment to inspect a unit today.
Alternatively check out our recently created video tours, which provide a great way to virtually tour our communities and discover everything they have to offer from the comfort of your home.
For more information specific to Victoria and South Australia, please click below, as further restrictions apply as per state government directives.