Click here to watch John cooking Salade Nicoise.
- Cos lettuce
- 300g green beans
- 150g fresh tuna diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 10 - 12 ripe cherry tomatoes (red and yellow)
- 2 - 3 freshly cooked kipfler potatoes
- Handful of black olives
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 tsp salted capers
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Chopped parsely, to finish
- Vinaigrette dressing - Sherry vinegar, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, olive oil and lemon juice
Top and tail the beans, cook in lots of boiling salted wanter until barely crisp. Drain, leave to cool a little, and then dress with a little olive oil.
Hard boil the eggs. Shell immediately to avoid a grey ring.
In a hot pan, add 1 tsp olive oil. Add tuna and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until all sides are golden seared. Ensure to keep the tuna rare.
In a salad bowl, add lettuce leaves, then the beans and tuna. Garnish with cherry tomato wedges and hard-boiled eggs. Scatter over the olives, anchovy fillets, capers and chopped parsley.
Blend the vinaigrette dressing well and pour over salad. Toss at the table before serving.
Optional: Serve with finely sliced radish.