PREP TIME 40 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 15 MINUTES
• 2 x 160-180g lamb rumps
• Salt and freshly cracked pepper
• 1 tbs light olive oil
• 1 tsp butter
• 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
• ¼ tsp pink salt flakes
• 2 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways
• 1 parsnip, peeled and halved lengthways
• 1 small fennel bulb, thickly sliced
• 1 red onion, thickly sliced
• 1 red capsicum, halved and cut into 1cm slices
• 1 zucchini, halved lengthways
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled
• 3 sprigs of thyme
• Salt flakes and freshly cracked pepper to taste
• Extra virgin olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Season lamb with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a heavy-based pan and sear rumps over a medium-high heat, turning until browned all over.
Remove from heat and baste with butter. Sprinkle over rosemary and salt flakes.
Transfer lamb to an oven tray and roast for 12 – 15 minutes, or until cooked to your preference. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
In a pot of boiling water, blanch carrots for 3 minutes. Refresh under running water.
In a large roasting pan, toss vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Remove the zucchini and capsicum, roasting vegetables for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Slice a lamb rump thinly and serve with vegetables. Drizzle over olive oil and garnish with salt flakes and rosemary sprigs.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Click here to get a taste of Aveo's very own cookbook, Live Life Cook.