Click here to watch John cook Grilled Chicken and Creamy Polenta.
This recipe is quick and easy dish to prepare and cook that has wonderful flavours.
The soft creamy polenta with the grilled chicken are a great combination of not only textures but essential protein and nutrients we need in our diets daily. Polenta is cooked cornmeal that can be eaten as a side or used in a variety of recipes, from bread to desserts. It is a versatile food that can be served chilled or warm.
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 cups of vegetable stock/water
- 25g Parmesan cheese
- 40g of butter
- 150g green beans, topped and tailed
- 30 - 40g bacon
- 2tbs olive oil
- Lemon juice and olive oil, to garnish
1. Add vegetable stock, milk, salt and pepper to a saucepan, over high heat, bring to a boil. Gradually add your polenta while you constantly wisk to ensure a smooth consistency with no lumps. Wisk for 4 – 5 minutes until thickened. Once boiling hard, turn down heat and cook for an additional 10 – 15 minutes. Place to the side.
2. After your polenta has cooked, wisk in butter and parmesan cheese.
3. Season chicken fillets with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a hot grill 4-5 minutes on each side. Place to the side and rest.
4. Blanch your beans in boiling water, after straining, in a heavy based pan, over medium-high heat, add butter, bacon and blanched beans. Cook until bacon is crispy. Set to the side.
Spoon creamy polenta onto plate, top with chicken, add your side of crispy bacon and green beans.
Top chicken with a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle with olive oil.