COOKING TIME 15 – 20 MINUTES
- 2 tablespoon tandoori paste
- ½ tablespoon honey (optional)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoons natural yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 8 lamb fillets 500g chat potatoes – quartered
- 300g pumpkin – diced
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (Indian spice mix)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Chopped fresh herbs (mint & basil)
- Mango chutney and papadum to serve (optional)
Combine the tandoori paste, honey, juice of 1 lemon and yoghurt in a large dish, then add lamb, turning to coat. Allow to marinate while you prepare the potatoes.
Place potatoes in a saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil, then cook for 5 minutes. Add diced pumpkin & cook until tender. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds, then cook, stirring for 1 minute until the seeds start to pop. Add spices, ginger and potato, then cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes, until potatoes start to crisp. Add tomatoes and spinach, cook for 2-3 minutes until spinach has wilted. Keep warm.
Heat the remaining oil in a chargrill or frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb for 4 – 5 minutes until lightly charred and cooked but still pink in the centre.
Serve the lamb with Bombay potatoes, mango chutney and extra yoghurt mixed with fresh herbs and lemon juice served with a crisp papadum garnish.