COOKING TIME 10 MINUTES
- 2 x 150g fresh fish portions
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled & cut into 1cm discs
- 1 1⁄2 cups natural yoghurt
- Saffron strands + 30ml hot water to soak
- 1⁄4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Ground cloves and a pinch of cinnamon
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1⁄2 chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- 150g chinese radish, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, thinly sliced or grated
- 2 green apples, thinly sliced or grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
In a large bowl add all coleslaw ingredients. For the dressing, combine 1/2 cup natural yoghurt and mayonnaise, mix through coleslaw and set aside.
In a separate bowl, add saffron to hot water and rest for 5 minutes.
Combine the juice of a lemon with remaining yoghurt and add to saffron and water. Season to taste.
Place sweet potato on a plate, sprinkle with the cloves and cinnamon. Drizzle with a little water, cover with cling film and cook for approx. 90 seconds on high in a microwave then set aside.
Brush fish with olive oil and season lightly. Place skin side up in a hot pan and sear for approx. 1 minute then flip. Add juice of lime and cook for a further 5–7 minutes. Remove from heat and cover with foil to keep warm.
In another pan, add drizzle of olive oil and fry sweet potato until slightly crispy, season to taste.
To serve, put 2–3 sweet potato discs in centre of serving plate and place a heaped spoon of Waldorf coleslaw on top. Top with grilled fish and drizzle with saffron yoghurt. Garnish with fresh herbs.