An exciting opportunity exists within Aveo Group for an experienced and pro-active Senior Procurement Officers to join a national procurement team. In this newly established role you will look after procurement activities for a specific portfolio, including;
- Renovation & Refurbishment (CAPEX and OPEX)
You'll have a keen eye for detail and enjoy working closely with Aveo managers to assist in the development of a centralised procurement and contract management function, focusing on enhanced sourcing models, category management, market engagement, tendering, performance reporting and evaluation of contracts.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Development of relationships with suppliers in line with Aveo sourcing objective strategy
- Play a leadership role in key commercial events including contract negotiations
- Develop a strong continuous improvement pipeline of supply agreement and reporting mechanisms
- Liaise with business units to ensure that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly.
- Assist in managing relationships with suppliers, contractors and implementing a robust contractor management framework
- Review and manage supplier performance on a regular predetermined basis
- Prepare and execute agreements in line with procurement policy and the broader requirements of Aveo
- Collate supporting documents as part of onboarding process
- Engage with analyst to review spend, identify, and deliver on cost reduction initiatives to support lower resident fees.
- Evaluate and consolidate (taking into consideration geographic locations of some communities) suppliers and contractors across all procurement sectors.
You'll have the following attributes:
- Previous demonstrated experience in a procurement specialist role (essential)
- Prior experience working in any of the following specialist categories (desirable);
- Construction & Trades
- Renovation and maintenance (CAPEX and OPEX)
- Previous experience negotiating supply agreements and exclusive spend contracts
- Strong commercial acumen with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good understanding of Corporate Governance principles
- Ability to work across business functions and influence stakeholders in other divisions
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products, with a particular focus on Office365 including SharePoint and Excel
- Strong understanding of budgets and financial management in both a management fee and profit and loss environment
- Degree qualified in Business / Technical / Supply Chain Management discipline is desirable
Aveo are formally requesting that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect our colleagues and the residents in our communities who are among the most vulnerable.
All current employees are expected to have received their first vaccination by 1 Nov 2021 and their follow up vaccination by no later than 15 Dec 2021.
New employees joining the business will need to be comfortable with this requirement prior to joining Aveo.
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve our residents through Kindness, Care and Respect. Kindness, Care and Respect are our corporate values.
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia. Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently and proudly do so for over 12,000 residents in over 90 retirement communities across Australia.
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- 2 additional 'All About Me' leave days per calendar year
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week
- Opportunities for further career development
If this sounds like you, apply today!
No recruitment agencies please