We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Asset Refurbishment Manager to join a team nationally to deliver on Aveo's residential refurbishments strategy. This role will be based in our Adelaide office with regular travel to communities in the Adelaide metro area.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Asset Refurbishment Manager within the state, your purpose is to make Aveo communities the most desirable place to live for retirees through the unit and apartment refurbishments. Aveo completes a high volume of refurbishments of different values over the year nationally and ensure time, cost and quality metrics are within each project.
This role is desired to be based in Adelaide and will service communities in South Australia.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering projects to achieve best outcome for the company and end customers (residents);
- Liaise with the Sales team to ensure that the standards and costs are in line with the value of the units and are recoverable through sales pricing;
- Support the Senor team with the annual forecasting and tracking of reinstatement and refurbishment budgets and costs;
- Consistently seeking to achieve best price for all works;
- Adherence to refurbishment time frames to ensure product is ready for market;
- Support the National Manager with the development and implementation of a standardised work practice and product spec.
- Apply latest Standards specification to ensure best product
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders such as contractors, suppliers, operations, sales and Community managers along with head office management;
- Ensure safety on builder sites and broader Aveo villages
- Ensuring contractors and suppliers are in compliance with agreed terms and conditions
- Assistance with completing general administration duties such as facilitating the purchase order submission, creating business case for works approval, tender evaluation, reinstatement and refurbishment models and forecasting and tracking;
- Ensuring compliance against Aveo procurement polices and procedures
- Autonomous time management skills and site experience
You'll have the following attributes:
- Significant demonstrated experience in residential refurbishments from a project coordination or builder perspective
- Previous experience project managing complex maintenance and residential build works;
- Previous experience coordinating and negotiating with construction contractors;
- Computer literate - must be competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Desirable to be able to use project management and/or financial feasibility software;
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills;
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to quality, professionalism, confidentiality and attention to detail;
All current employees are expected to have received their both their firest and second dose of the Covid-19 vaccination.
New employees joining the business will need to be comfortable with this requirement prior to joining Aveo.
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve our residents through Kindness, Care and Respect. Kindness, Care and Respect are our corporate values.
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia. Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently and proudly do so for over 12,000 residents in over 90 retirement communities across Australia.
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- 2 additional 'All About Me' leave days per calendar year
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week
- Opportunities for further career development
If this role sounds like you apply now via the link.
No Recruitment agencies please.