Kindness l Care l Respect
Reporting into the Chef Manager, you'll support daily meal services across our integrated living community, providing nutritious meals to the resident's. Your ability to create a positive rapport with customers will position you well and help ensure they are delighted with each meal service.
As a hands-on and well-rounded Chef, you'll have experience in volume catering with high standards of meal presentation.
About the role:
- Casual position
- Casual loading and weekend penalty rates may apply
- Ensuring daily quality meal service to residents and visitors of the Aveo community
- Restaurant services - overseeing both food and service elements
- Daily monitoring of food safety and general OH&S
- Total stock management including ordering, stock rotation, stock taking etc.
- Managing maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Relevant commercial cookery qualification (required)
- Hold a Current Police check clearance
- Qualified Food Safety Supervisor (desirable)
- Able to motivate, develop and direct people
- Demonstrated ability to work within OH & S and continuous improvement environment
*Aveo are formally requesting that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect our colleagues and the residents in our communities who are among the most vulnerable. New employees joining the business will need to be comfortable with this requirement prior to joining Aveo.
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia.
Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently do so for over 12,000 residents across 90 plus retirement communities across Australia.
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve the residents through Kindness, Care and Respect.
To take the next step in your career click 'Apply' to complete our online application form.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly.