Kindness l Care l Respect
Aveo is seeking a dynamic and passionate Leisure and Lifestyle Coordinator to join Aveo Freedom Dromana in Safety Beach, VIC.
About the role & Aveo Freedom Dromana:
- Full Time position
- Reporting to Care Manager
- Maintain and improve self-respect, self-confidence and quality of life for our valued residents
- Assist the Leisure and Lifestyle Officer to assess each resident's needs, interests and abilities and consult with them or their carers/relatives to provide an individualised recreational plan
- Plan and implement recreational programs and social activities. This will involve maintaining a written assessment of resident's needs, abilities and progress
- Located very close to Safety Beach, with Marine Drive and the beachfront only a short walk away offering ease of access to local shops, cafés and restaurants.
- Aveo Freedom Aged Care's purpose is to provide a caring, safe and inspiring environment that supports our residents in living their lives to the fullest through the latter stage of their ageing journey
- A genuine interest in the aged care sector
- Previous experience in a similar position required
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Current Police Check certificate
- General knowledge of Aged Care or working with older people
- Willingness to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment and drug & alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Sound office or business administration competencies
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office Suite and on-line network applications
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy, patience and listening skills
- Be customer service focused
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia.
Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently do so for over 12,000 residents across 90 plus retirement communities across Australia.
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve the residents through Kindness, Care and Respect.
- Up to 8 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Purchase additional paid annual leave
- Aveo Benefits - access to exclusive savings on hundreds of retailers, products & services
- Carer opportunities and development
- Be part of a friendly and supportive team
- Join a leading retirement and aged care communities operator
- Be part of an organisation focused on innovation and support
To start your career with Aveo select "Apply Now" to complete the brief application questions.
Aveo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on our employees. We treasure skills, expertise and commitment.
Our goal is to attract, develop, motivate, reward and retain the best people in the industry.