Reporting directly to the Group Internal Audit & SOX Manager, this position is responsible for contributing to the delivery of the annual internal audit plan by completing individual audit engagements, assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, recommending improvements to enhance the control environment and deliver operational and financial efficiencies, and assisting the Group Internal Audit and SOX Manager deliver Aveo's annual SOX Compliance Programme.
This highly visible role will suit an experienced auditor who has proven capability in a similar position, or someone looking to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate will be highly organised and have well developed business acumen, with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Key focus areas of the role:
- Work autonomously or as part of a team to deliver a portfolio of audit projects within agreed timeframes.
- Undertake all aspects of the audit process, including scheduling and scoping the audit, designing and executing audit tests, drawing appropriate conclusions and drafting audit reports.
- Monitor and report on the implementation status of audit actions.
- Assist with the drafting of the Internal Audit Report to the Audit and Risk Committee or the Executive Leadership team.
- Assist in the management of the Aveo Fraud, Bribery and Corruption Programme.
- Implement and coordinate processes with external auditors and business units to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Coordinate efforts across multiple departments to ensure SOX compliance requirements are met within required timelines.
- Execute design and implementation, and operating effectiveness in line with established audit/test methodology for processes in SOX scope.
- Identify internal control deficiencies and ensure timely implementation of corrective actions for processes in SOX scope.
- Prepare required documentation for External Auditors to enable timely reviews of SOX documentation.
- Assist with ad-hoc internal projects and continuous improvement activities within the Internal Audit team
- At the request of the Group Internal Audit and SOX Manager, or Chief Risk Officer, assist in ad-hoc projects, system implementations or provide internal control advice to business stakeholders
Requirement of the successful applicant for this role:
- Minimum of 5 years auditing experience is required, with at least 3 years in internal audit
- Other professional experience (such as in a finance related role) would be advantageous
- Undergraduate degree in business/accounting/finance or other relevant field
- CA, CPA, CIA or equivalent
- Experience in operational and financial audits
- Audit/professional experience in property development, aged care, large corporate or ASX environment will be an added advantage
- Strong understanding of business drivers and the commercial environment
- Advanced knowledge of corporate governance and internal auditing techniques, including risk management and risk assessment processes
- Have conducted interviews with stakeholders and held fact finding conversations at all levels of an organisation
- Experience with SOX preferred however training can be provided for the right candidate
- Worked autonomously to deliver projects within defined timeframes and prepare reports for senior management
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior management and present recommendations/influence decision making
- Outgoing and confident disposition with the ability to communicate succinctly and articulately
- Willingness to challenge the 'status quo' and champion an improvement mindset
All current employees are expected to have received their first vaccination by 1 Nov 2021 and their follow up vaccination by no later than 15 Dec 2021.
New employees joining the business will need to be comfortable with this requirement prior to joining Aveo.
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve our residents through Kindness, Care and Respect. Kindness, Care and Respect are our corporate values.
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia. Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently and proudly do so for over 12,000 residents in over 90 retirement communities across Australia.
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- 2 additional 'All About Me' leave days per calendar year
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week
- Opportunities for further career development
If this role sounds like you apply now via the link.
No Recruitment agencies please.