Kindness l Care l Respect
We are seeking a highly motivated Cook to join our team at Aveo Freedom Concierge Balwyn on a part time basis.
You'll enjoy working in a fast-paced environment to prepare and deliver high quality meals and service to our residents. This is a customer service focused role; you'll be a great communicator and enjoy supporting the resident's well-being by providing healthy and nutritious meals.
About the role:
- Permanent, part time position - 15hrs per week
- Saturday & Sunday (10:30am to 6:30pm)
- Assist in the daily preparation and serving of meals to residents
- Restaurant style kitchen and dining service
- Ensuring daily quality meal service to residents and visitors of the surrounding Aveo Community
- Daily monitoring of food safety and general OH&S
About the Community:
Located in the heart of Balwyn close to a range of cafés, shopping centres, sports groups and a range of professional and support services. Only 400 metres from the nearest tram stop on Whitehorse Road, you can access the city with ease.
Ideally, you'll have:
- Qualified Food Safety Supervisor (desirable)
- Hold a current Police check clearance
- Thorough knowledge of catering principles and their application
- Able to motivate, develop and direct people as they work
- Demonstrated ability to work within OH&S and continuous improvement environment
*Aveo are formally requesting that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect our colleagues and the residents in our communities who are among the most vulnerable.
All current employees are expected to have received their first vaccination by 1 Nov 2021 and their follow up vaccination by no later than 15 Dec 2021.New employees joining the business will need to be comfortable with this requirement prior to joining Aveo.
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia.
Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently do so for over 12,000 residents across 90 plus retirement communities across Australia.
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve the residents through Kindness, Care and Respect.
To take the next step in your career click 'Apply' to complete our online application form.
Applications will be considered as they are received, and interviews will be arranged accordingly.