We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Property Project Manager to join a team that will deliver large scale facilities and refurbishments projects across the portfolio. This role will be based in our Melbourne office with regular travel to communities in Victoria.
This newly created role's focus is to deliver large scale refurbishments projects in live environments across the Aveo portfolio of NSW and VIC, these projects could include lower value community centre refurbishments to multi-million dollar extensions, upgrades and rebuilds, all projects are in live environments and are at the initial stages.
We are looking for someone to drive the projects end to end and will have support from additional people in the state, with a focus on resident engagement and working closely with external architects/consultants to drive the projects through the external approvals process. The role will take the projects through our investment committee for approvals and reporting periodically on project statues. These projects are of high priority for the business and we are looking for someone with a mixture of development and project management experience.
Reporting to the General Manager - Asset Management, you'll be seen as a 'Trusted Advisor' and 'Subject Matter Expert' for these projects and work closely with stakeholders including residents, operational managers and other business units along with the VIC & NSW project management team. The ideal candidate will take an open view on live environment projects and be able to direct the project in the best direction to ensure suitability for our residents and from a feasibility perspective.
- Focus on 'Offensive' large scale projects
- Programme Management and Reporting
- Leadership (internal and external)
- Stakeholder Management
- Point of contact for selected projects
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and deliver major internal and external upgrade projects to communal buildings, grounds and resident's accommodation
- Deliver facilities/services and civil based associated works of varied sizes with consultant engagement
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and deliver the asset strategies
- Project budget oversight to align with asset strategy
- Prepare and submit business papers for capital approval to the executive team
- Engagement of external architects and consultants to deliver programme
- Ensure Contract management and project legislation adherence
- Obtain local approvals and surveyor sign off for relatable works
- Ensuring sustainability is part of the delivery lifecycle
- Assist with technology installations where required
You'll have the following attributes:
- Significant experience in end to end project development in live environments on large scale upgrades/extensions/rebuilds and project management
- Previous experience project managing complex maintenance and construction works
- Superior negotiation and communication skills with varied internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to influence stakeholders, both internal and external, as well as senior leadership, operations, sales and community team members and residents
- Strong reporting skills to various levels within the business
- Computer literate - must be competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Desirable to be able to use project management and/or financial feasibility software
- Commitment to quality, professionalism, confidentiality and attention to detail
The ideal candidate could have tertiary qualifications in Building, Development (live environments), Project Management and retirement experience will be highly regarded.
All current employees are expected to have received their first vaccination by 1 Nov 2021 and their follow up vaccination by no later than 15 Dec 2021.
New employees joining the business will need to be comfortable with this requirement prior to joining Aveo.
Aveo's vision is to be Australia's leading and most innovative seniors living provider. Our mission is to honour and serve our residents through Kindness, Care and Respect. Kindness, Care and Respect are our corporate values.
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia. Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices. We currently and proudly do so for over 12,000 residents in over 90 retirement communities across Australia.
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- 2 additional 'All About Me' leave days per calendar year
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week
- Opportunities for further career development
If this role sounds like you apply now via the link.
No Recruitment agencies please.