PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 20 MINUTES
• 150g butter, 3 x 50g divided
• 350g fresh mushrooms mix (swiss brown, button, shitake, oyster)
• Large mushrooms slices, small mushrooms halved or quartered
• 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup finely chopped leek
• 1 garlic clove crushed
• 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 1/4 cup dry white vermouth
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• Fresh herbs
• Salt & cracked petter seasoning
• Truffle oil (optional drizzle to finish)
Melt 50g butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half of the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt. Sauté mushrooms for approximately three to four minutes until they begin to brown. Transfer mushrooms to a medium bowl, repeat process with remaining mushrooms.
Bring stock to simmer in a saucepan; keep warm. Melt remaining 50g butter with olive oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leek, garlic and thyme, sprinkle with salt and sauté until tender, 3-4 minutes.
Add rice and increase heat to medium. Stir until edges of rice begin to look translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add white wine and vermouth and stir until liquid is absorbed then add 2 cups of stock and stir until almost all broth is absorbed, about two minutes.
Continue adding 1/2 cup of stock in intervals, stirring until rice is halfway cooked, about 8-9 minutes. Stir in sautéed mushrooms. Continue adding stock by 1/2 cupful, stirring until rice is al dente, firm to bite and risotto is creamy. Stir in 1/4 cup grated good quality Parmesan cheese. Transfer risotto to a serving bowl.
Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, cracked pepper, fresh herbs and truffle oil and serve with rocket salad.