PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 15 MINS
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 60ml tamari sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 spring onions, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 small bunches bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 1 packet fresh baby corn
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
- Handful of bean shoots
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Lemon or lime wedges, to serve
- Chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
Place the chicken fillets in a bowl. Add tamari, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the ginger and honey. Rub to coat. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours to marinate.
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Drain the chicken from the marinade and heat a grill plate or barbeque to medium high. Sear the chicken for 2 minutes on each side or until golden grill lines appear. Transfer to the oven and cook through, approximately 7 minutes. Set aside to rest.
While the chicken is resting, sauté 2 spring onions in the olive oil until soft. Set aside.
Place a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Add bok choy, baby corn, carrot, red capsicum, bean shoots and cover. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes, or until just tender. Toss in a bowl with the remaining ginger and butter.
Thinly slice chicken and assemble over plates of steamed vegetables. Garnish with remaining spring onion, sesame seeds and coriander. Serve with steamed rice, lemon or lime, and chilli sauce, if desired.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Click here to get a taste of Aveo's very own cookbook, Live Life Cook.